Apache w/ SSL + Discourse: Next steps?

@fzngagan I’m not starting over and that tutorial is for CentOS, when I clearly stated in my post that I’m using Ubuntu.

@EricGT Check out the solution I shared to my own thread because finding support if you use anything other than Nginx or CentOS is virtually impossible — as evidenced by this thread where I’ve received no answers to my question but instead an off-topic debate about Apache-v-Nginx.

That very well may be the case but Apache is more widely supported. Discourse is the only forum software that essentially forces Nginx upon its users. This is why I’d prefer to stick with Apache because it’s more common, easier for new users, and support will be much easier to find. “Tuning” isn’t something I’m interested in.

Yet the Discourse community actively discourages it and refuses to provide support for people who want to do that, with the exception of linking to unsupported tutorials. I’ve created multiple threads and asked even more questions but you’re the only one who has come remotely close to providing support (in a different thread) by sharing your configuration and as a novice I was expected to decipher and apply it to my own. Everything else has been “check out this outdated tutorial” or off-topic banter. :man_shrugging:

1 Like