Applying Watched Words to existing posts

I can’t seem to get links to work at all for our new forum. I put in a word, and a link, and it passes the test. But there are already posts on the site with this keyword in them, and they aren’t being converted to a link. Is there something more that needs to be done to enable this feature than just inserting a word and a link?

It will only work on new instances of the word. To linkify the old ones you’d need to rebake those posts.

I JUST figured that out, they need to be new or edited. Thanks!

2 Likes

There’s also an option to ‘Rebuild HTML’ in the post wrench menu which will rebuild them with the new rule in place. :+1:

To do a significantly large amount you would need to perform a rake task on the server. You can read more about those in Administrative Bulk Operations

1 Like

Could I make a request that this optionally allow for targeting a new browser tab? When linking to a totally external destination, this would be nice to be able to choose on a per-link basis (or maybe to be able to set a default globally as well)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.