Approve Topics in specific category?

Hi,

I want to approve topics (Not replies) in specific category only. How can I do this? I want to create a marketplace section where I need to check every topic before it goes live.

3 Likes

Did you get your answer? I found a similar post (Pending post feature), but it doesn’t specify if the category specific approval setting was part of the previous releases.

Nope. I am still looking for a way to approve topics in specific category before it goes live. There is no such a feature yet.

@SMT any luck with this?

No such feature is currently on our roadmap. Other ways this could be sliced:

• always approve posts posted by a given user
  • always approve posts in a given category

How to do that? I searched everywhere but not found how to do that?

No such feature exists at the current time, nor did I say it did.

4 Likes

Looking for something like this as well. Is there a timeline of that roadmap item you could share? :slight_smile:

It’s not on the roadmap at this stage.

1 Like

Damn, I was hoping I could sneak that in :wink:

1 Like

What are the chances of getting this on the roadmap? We have an internal discourse, but would like to make a single category public so would like it to go through an approval process before it is available to our customers on the web. Thanks.

We have a pr for this in the oven

11 Likes

@sam Awesome! What’s the status of this PR?
We’d love to use this immediately.

3 Likes

The PR still needs a bit of work https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/5778 @xrav3nz has been pretty busy with studies.

I am adding this to @Osama’s todo list to finalize the PR we should have it done in a week or two.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply @sam!

My team is really looking forward to leveraging this functionality. :tada:

cc @timmch

4 Likes

@xrav3nz’s PR has been merged today :tada:

Thanks for working on this @xrav3nz :trophy:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/2901691e8766d7a22102e77e27a6dfb2c52ef9ae

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.