Are there updated directions for moving posts?

Trying to find out how to move posts from one topic to another. The page on this site with that information is from 2019 and looks nothing like the page I’m working on. There is a testing topic set up. One person replied. I am trying to move that reply to another topic to ensure we know what to do if something needs to be moved.

At the bottom right of the screen there is a wrench. I click that and choose Select Posts. Once I click Select on the post I want to move, it says Selected and I have no idea what to do next.

There are four wrenches on the page, one under each of the two posts there, one on the bottom right on the page and one underneath the posts in the topic. None of the wrenches has an option to Move a post. Are there updated instructions somewhere so moderators can learn how to use these needed mod tools?

Once you’ve selected one or more you should see this box:

If you click ‘move to’ it will bring up another where you can choose to create a new topic, move the posts to an existing one, or make a new PM.

Is that box not showing up for you? If not you could try safe mode to see if it’s a theme or theme component interfering with the display?

2 Likes

in the moderator guide there is a section. but it’s a bit tricky to find.

i edited that part in our moderator guide to be a bit more detailed and i can post here if you like.

2 Likes

There is no box anywhere that I can find.

Click the wrench icon on the top right side of the topic view screen, then Select Posts:

select the posts you want to move or delete:

Then select where to move the posts:

2 Likes

Thanks. I read the guide but your pictures do not match at all what’s happening. I click Select on a post, it is blue and says Selected but there is no box popping up anywhere on the page telling me I have selected posts or anything. I’m an admin on the server.

1 Like

I think you may need to try safe mode to see if the box shows up then. [YourSite]/safe-mode

3 Likes

Thanks for this. That worked. The only option was to move the post. Do I have to view the site in Safe Mode at all times in order to be able to moderate?

1 Like

If it shows up in safe mode but not normally this is generally an indicator that a custom theme or theme component has some stray code that is hiding it (and when safe mode disables it the box appears again).

Do you have any customisations that you think could be likely culprits?

3 Likes

I will have to ask the site owner. It’s an in-progress build so we are all learning at the same time. I really appreciate your help. I will use Safe Mode if I have to move something until we figure out what may be causing this. Cheers!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.