Associate link with topic

When pasting a link to a new topic title, this link is associated to the topic, even if the title is changed manually. This is a great feature. But it seems not feasible to associate a link to an existing topic. Associated links enable to distinguish local topics from externally focused topics.

Is there a way to associate a link to a topic after topic creation? Can someone provide pointers to the relevant code?

2 Likes

What do you mean by “associate link”?

You know, when you create a topic by pasting an URL into the topic title box.

I think the suggestion here is to be able to edit an existing topic (that wasn’t started by pasting a URL), and to get the extra goodies you get when pasting a URL (during the edit).

2 Likes

I actually thought the standard behaviour we landed on here was “show link formatting if the very start of the topic is a link” but it does appear like the only way to achieve this special formatting is by pasting the link in the title bar.

IMO we should change this.

4 Likes

I just noticed that if I “reply as a linked topic” and paste a link as the topic title, this does not fire the link association either. Can you please point to the code responsible for this logic?