Attempted DigtialOcean migration killed Discourse

I was following along with the tutorial to move my 1-click Discourse droplet to a team account. Nothing worked so I just turned my old droplet back on and haven’t been able to access the forum since. When I SSH into the droplet it looks like Discourse isn’t running at all. I did an app rebuild and at the end of it all I got this message:

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint app (09cdfaaa994ed6d7ad723cc121cdfb923a68109f20c48edee0bb45fb7113e2d5): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: listen: address already in use.

I don’t know if that’s the whole problem or just part of it. Any ideas?

That certainly won’t be helping, certainly. You’ll need to contact DigitalOcean support, though, because we don’t have any input or control over their one-click installer.

3 Likes

I can probably figure out, but there are too many unknowns to solve it here

If you’d like my help and have a budget of $300 to $500, my contact info is on my profile. I’m traveling today, so I might not be able to respond immediately.

3 Likes

I ended up doing a fresh install per the Discourse guide. It’s better anyway because I can get proper support now.

4 Likes

Great! Glad you got it worked out. A standard install is definitely what you want!

1 Like