Discourse help on digitalocean

So When I am trying to setup discourse after the setup it says login to admin account and the domain refuses to connect I have the dns set up

Thanks If I can get any help

• Did you created the DNS record pointing to the IP address of the droplet? (just confirming)
  • Are you able to solve the DNS record to the IP address?
  • Are you able to ping the Droplet?
  • Does the droplet has any kind of firewall?

Did you created the DNS record pointing to the IP address of the droplet? (just confirming)
yes
Are you able to solve the DNS record to the IP address?
yes
Yes I am able to ping the Droplet
Does the droplet has any kind of firewall?
not sure

Are you using the recommended install for Discourse or the One-click App?

If you didn’t setup any Firewall mostly sure you’re not using one.

Are you using the recommended install for Discourse or the One-click App?

Yes I did

Could you run docker ps and netstat -tlpn to see if Discourse is running and you have something in LISTEN in port 80?

You should see something like:

root@example:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                                      NAMES
86800988ad89        local_discourse/app   "/sbin/boot"        12 days ago         Up 12 days          0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->443/tcp   app
root@example:~# netstat -tlpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      562/sshd            
tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      562/sshd            
tcp6       0      0 :::443                  :::*                    LISTEN      13472/docker-proxy  
tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      13483/docker-proxy
1 Like

Ok I will try that thanks

Well It does not have port 80 so I will just reinstall the vps

1 Like

Be sure to use the cloud install guide here: https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md

The one-click install is not supported by our team.

2 Likes

Ok Thank you for the info