Auto-clear moderation messages?

Is there a way to automatically delete all the messages about “items waiting to be reviewed”? I can bulk select them and click “archive” but that leaves a large number of unwanted messages in the archives. Up until now I’ve manually deleted each message, but I’m wondering if there is an easier way to handle them.

2 Likes

No there isn’t an option for this at the moment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do people generally delete them one-by-one or just leave them in the archives? There are up to eight of those messages per day and I’m not sure how much space it’s going to take up in the database.

Maybe they should auto-expire after 30 days or have a deletion button next to the “archive” button?

If moderators were active at moment of post needs review PM wouldn’t appear.

notify about flags after

Can change this setting too

1 Like

Thanks, we want to see the notifications when we’re online, but we’re not always online, so they sometimes get backed up. It’s an active forum, but we are a small team. I’m the only one who has the patience to delete them at the moment, so the list gets long, and then it’s tedious.

I agree it is long and tedious. Just like the Admin dashboard PM’s :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Of those two I think I prefer the latter.

But considering what criteria is available to base any “checkmark” on, it would be “apparently older, assume now moot”.

Have any of you looked into any code and how much might be involved yet? I haven’t, but a wild guess is adding some kind of date might be doable as would be the checkbox menu.

Despite the task being less than pleasant, the question begs asking:

Are you 100% certain that any given message isn’t worth at the least a quick scan? I’ve lost count how many times I’ve benefited from déjà vu.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure that I don’t need to read them. I just go straight to the review page a few times per day and quickly skim and approve/reject/ban. :slight_smile:

I think it can only be done through the database at this point.