Automated PM for flagged posts displays user participants inconsistently

So @Falco flagged a post and I acted on it, which results in a PM with an original sender and a reply from a moderator.

Here’s what I see on my end:

Here’s what he sees on his end:

That doesn’t seem right.

p.s. Especially with the advent of improved group mentions, should a Group also be listed as a participant in the user list? Before any individual moderator has acted on the PM, this is a PM between @userX and @moderators.

I think treating Moderators as just another user to list in the participants list makes sense as a way to see at a glance who can see this message.

7 Likes

There is a hidden feature request here that I very much agree with

Allow us to specify an avatar for a group

7 Likes

That was my idea all along. :badpokerface:

2 Likes

I’m having a hard time visualizing how a group could be represented by an avatar.

Seems using group names would take up space while avatars would need to be recognizable (more icons?)

Got a mock-up?

Consider a professional (American) football team. There’s a group identified by a logo, the one on their helmets, yes? Whereas the individual people would be identified by their player numbers on their jerseys, or an avatar of their faces?

2 Likes

maybe should groups have ‘user cards’ too someday?

1 Like

Yeah we discussed that, It will be handy there is a lot of overlap between users and groups conceptually.

An avatar, a little story about the group, interactions with the group (messaging the group)

A card is totally on the cards :wink:

4 Likes