Automatic watermark for photo uploads

Hi dear friends!

I want all uploads by members watermarked. How can I do it? I guess it was something usual for long time. Because I don’t want any one to grab photos from my website and use as theirs. Could you tell me how? Thanks.

3 Likes

Why don’t you watermark the images and uploads manually? I do that when I need to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Discourse is a community script. What do you mean manually one by one?

Would the photos have a different watermark for each user? That’s been discussed before and it would be very expensive.

A general watermark for the website would be easier, but there’s no plugin that exists at the moment to do it.

At the moment there is a setting called prevent anons from downloading files that will prevent some image access, but a technically savvy user can circumvent it.

6 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I saw it. I only need general static watermark for photos. I hope soon we can have it.

3 Likes

I’m also interested in this feature. Is there already a way to do it?

I think you should try some cdn watermark solution for this. It won’t watermarked the original uploaded images only the cached. But it will not use your system resources so the upload still works fast and smooth.

Be sure you have the right to watermark the images too. Creators retain the rights to their work, even if they upload it somewhere.

It’s even more important if someone uploads something they don’t have the rights to.

3 Likes

Yes that is really important! I have an option to watermark images but those are not mine :smiley: so i never use that feature. It only watermark with CDN so the original high res photos are downloadable without watermark.

1 Like