Babble - A Chat Plugin

Pavilion, our non-profit cooperative, exists for three purposes (these are taken directly from a new set of articles of association I’m in the process of registering)

1. provide opportunities for work, education and related services to providers of services and products to online communities;
  2. facilitate the provision of services and products, and the development of open source technology, for the benefit of online communities; and
  3. pursue socioeconomic diversity amongst the recipients of the benefits and opportunities in objects (a) and (b).

This is what we do :slight_smile: We’re currently building a new website that explains this better (and I’ll be releasing a big new open source landing pages plugin for discourse alongside it).

Thanks for these notes. Ideally, if those folks could submit bug reports: thepavilion.io/w/bug-report, then I’ll be able to action them systematically over time.

We need you just as much as a developer :slight_smile:. Here’s some Babble knowledge management that needs doing:

1. Update the first post in this topic to better reflect the current state of the plugin (it’s a wiki). Take a look at the custom wizard plugin OP for an example structure.

2. Create a “How to setup Babble” topic in the knowledge category I set up: Babble - Pavilion.

3. Create a “How to customise Babble” topic in that category. @REALITY That would be the place for your useful CSS suggestion, which unfortunately, will otherwise be lost in the mega-topic.

Don’t worry about writing “the wrong thing”. If you make a mistake, or what you write is unclear, others (such as myself) will help you correct it. That’s the beauty of being part of an open source community.

9 Likes