Backup isn't including all uploads folder data

So I recently migrated a server from Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting) to DO.

There is one issue on the new instance, the previous server had the a folder called db1234 (4 digit numerical value) in the var/discourse/shared/standalone/uploads/ folder.

The new server (docker install) uses a folder called ‘default’ in the var/discourse/shared/standalone/uploads/ folder.

The images and user uploads all load correctly, from both folders now. New uploads going to the default folder and old uploads still working from the db1234 folder.

When I do site backup via the admin panel (including files) however. It only includes the default folder and the db1234 folder is excluded. Not sure if this is fair to call it a bug, I think it would make sense to include all the contents of the uploads folder though.

You might ask Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting) about this.

I would merge your db1234 folder with the default one and then do a remap to fix the links in the database

cd /var/discourse
./launcher enter app
discourse remap /uploads/db1234/ /uploads/default/
2 Likes

Wow, thanks so much @zogstrip, I really appreciate it. Your solution solved this issue perfectly! :slight_smile:

1 Like