Badge collection examples

(Alessio Fattorini) #1

I have read this fantastic topic

Could anyone suggest me some discourse installations with a lot of this custom badges already implemented? Just for take a look and copy :wink: Something with multiple badges and so on…

(Kane York) #2

You can’t view the badge queries normally, you have to ask for them.

(Alessio Fattorini) #3

Sure, see the description could be enough for me :wink: after I can ask more info to the admin.

(Mittineague) #4

Seems you would need more than “description” and want the query syntax / table structure. .
Or am I missing something and completely off-topic here?

(PJH) #5

Apart from where the one you quoted is implemented? :smiley:

I’m not too aware of other DC implementations - apart from the meta ones, BoingBoing is the only one I can name off the top of my head, and they just seem to use the stock badges:

http://bbs.boingboing.net/badges

All that would be needed is

• The SQL, if applicable (well -necessary- if you want them automatically implementing)
  • Any peculiarities about which triggers/checkboxes are required for example,
    • it may need to be triggered daily because it’s a long running SQL badge.
    • a policy of not checking ‘revocation’ because the situation that causes the badge may disappear, but you still want the badge to remain afterwards (the emeritus badges in the linked thread e.g.)
  • Suggestions to badge level, icons etc.
  • notes about any peculiarities in the query itself (e.g. site specific stuff like mine do.)

Basically most of the important stuff on the badge configuration page:

(Alessio Fattorini) #6

That’s cool man! A lot of examples there. This is what I’m looking for… :smiley: