Badge collection examples

I have read this fantastic topic

Could anyone suggest me some discourse installations with a lot of this custom badges already implemented? Just for take a look and copy :wink: Something with multiple badges and so onā€¦

You canā€™t view the badge queries normally, you have to ask for them.

Sure, see the description could be enough for me :wink: after I can ask more info to the admin.

Seems you would need more than ā€œdescriptionā€ and want the query syntax / table structure. .
Or am I missing something and completely off-topic here?

Apart from where the one you quoted is implemented? :smiley:

Iā€™m not too aware of other DC implementations - apart from the meta ones, BoingBoing is the only one I can name off the top of my head, and they just seem to use the stock badges:

http://bbs.boingboing.net/badges

All that would be needed is

• The SQL, if applicable (well -necessary- if you want them automatically implementing)
  • Any peculiarities about which triggers/checkboxes are required for example,
    • it may need to be triggered daily because itā€™s a long running SQL badge.
    • a policy of not checking ā€˜revocationā€™ because the situation that causes the badge may disappear, but you still want the badge to remain afterwards (the emeritus badges in the linked thread e.g.)
  • Suggestions to badge level, icons etc.
  • notes about any peculiarities in the query itself (e.g. site specific stuff like mine do.)

Basically most of the important stuff on the badge configuration page:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s cool man! A lot of examples there. This is what Iā€™m looking forā€¦ :smiley: