Badge image in post template

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #1

When a user picks a badge as their title, it would be really cool if the badge image appeared next to the title as well.

(Sam Saffron) #2

In general we err on the side of maximum reduction of visual clutter, I could see this as an option possibly for specific badges. Especially if it has the “right” emoji or font-awesome icon.

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #3

Yeah, I can absolutely understand that. Would it be possible to add a CSS class to the title if it’s badged or something, or a data-property - like “data-badge-slug”? Then I could style in an icon manually. Right now, it’s just the title, giving me no entry point to get at it:

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #4

I can tell you a bit about my use case, to give you more context: I have a Patreon reward that gives users the option to award themselves a badge depending on their Editor/IDE identity. I.e. “Team Visual Studio Code”, “Team Vim”, “Team Emacs”. It’s kind of like medal that you wear, an the iconography is very important, and just text seems a bit lame - I want it to be impactful so that the people that don’t have it notice it.