Badge Progress Trackers

I think a very useful feature would be the ability to track your progress on earning badges.

For example, on a certain forum that I am on, there is a badge that requires you to visit the forums for 100 consecutive days. It is very difficult to keep track of this after some time goes by.

I feel like this would be a pretty good solution to that problem:

BadgeProgress

14 Likes

Then, on badges you can earn more than once the tracker would reset, and the number of times you already have this badge goes into the top left corner next to the check mark:

ProgressTracker2

6 Likes

I love this idea. It would incorporate nicely with our desire for badges to reflect people’s contributions to our Nonprofit.

7 Likes

It does seem like a good idea. I like this. I have a couple of users who are really into tracking their visits and badge progress.

5 Likes

We are in the same situation. It’s something I even personally enjoy.

3 Likes

This definitely seems a good idea – I’d love to see how close I am to getting that specific badge – I want it so much! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I believe this idea has come up before. The problem is precisely this:

Showing this information to users creates incentives that arguably are unhealthy. People in the community should just focus on showing up regularly, being valuable contributors and members, and the kudos and recognition follow naturally from that.

9 Likes