Best hosting for discourse?

“10.000 visits” does not really tell anything about your resource needs. Your users’ behavioral patterns will dictate how much computing power you need. Personally I have been on UpCloud.com and they have top notch performance (much faster than Digital Ocean) and great reliability (disclaimer: I have partnered with them). I can honestly recommend them and you can scale your server size according to your needs.

ScaleWay.com has a new interesting product line called “Workload intensive”. Very affordable and they are solid as a provider. You could also try them and please report back how it works.

2 Likes

We run our discourse forum + static site + 2 bots for Discord + a service to download our softwares + a service to add custom ads to our softwares on Scaleway for 7.31€ - VAT included - per month without problems (4 gb Ram and 2 volumes of 50 gb).
We had a problem months ago (our fault) but we opened a ticket and the server came back online in half an hour (great support for basic account).

The only thing is that the rebuild take about 30 minutes to run (our backup of discourse forum is about 1.7 gb), but unless we need to upgrade the docker, we run the upgrade via web gui and restart the server docker (1 min down).

1 Like

Is that even necessary?

Well, you’re right. We restart the docker, not all the server.