I am sorry to hear you have lost a member of your community. My condolences! I think you are pretty much on the right track.
There is a procedure for this in the legal empowerment network community:
- change account status to
tribute and change email address to
- As needed/appropriate:
- Write tribute forum post and tag it
- Update profile page with tribute bio, linking to tribute forum post
- Update network champion for organization if appropriate
- Draft and send out tribute via mailer (if core member or close partner)
- Post replies to discourse post as appropriate
Step 1 is dependent on a wordpress user meta field used to keep track of members. Members can be active, dormant, tribute, or unreachable.
firstname.lastname@example.org is an email address for the helpdesk used in case later there is something going on with the account that needS attention.
Here’s an example: Profile - nomboniso - Legal Empowerment Network Community Discussions