I am sorry to hear you have lost a member of your community. My condolences! I think you are pretty much on the right track.
We have a procedure for this in our community:
- change account status to
tribute and change email address to
- As needed/appropriate:
- Write tribute forum post and tag it
- Update profile page with tribute bio, linking to tribute forum post
- Update network champion for organization if appropriate
- Draft and send out tribute via mailer (if core member or close partner)
- Post replies to discourse post as appropriate
Step 1 is dependent on a wordpress user meta field we use to keep track of members. Members can be active, dormant, tribute, or unreachable.
email@example.com is an email address we use for the helpdesk which we use in case later there is something going on with the account that we need to know about.
Here’s an example: Profile - nomboniso - Global Legal Empowerment Network Community Discussions