BigBlueButton video conference

Probably. It makes sense that the URL in the address bar be the one requesting to read your screen, right?

Hi all,
I was finally able to install a BBB server and integrate with my Discourse setup via the plugin.
One thing is eluding me. When I crate the meeting the record button does not show up. It does if I start the meeting from my room on the BBB server.

Ideas?

F.

AFAIK enabling recording has to be specified by the plugin at the point of room creation.

Do you mean in this point?

Or in the plugin configuration ( where there is no mention of recording )

F.

It’s not implemented in the plugin at all AFAIK

Oh that’s disappointing

This isn’t really a support topic, you can post over in the plugin topic if you want help, or in the case of the above to ask if enabling recording is in the possible future for the plugin.

I’ve just mentioned how I plan to use the bbb plugin together with the events plugin here: 🗓 Discourse Event - #292 by nicopace

Just as a reference, I am writing it down here: Workflow for holding online spaces on discourse - HackMD

Would love to know if the plugin keeps track of who has attended to the room, or if there is a way of doing that.

thanks!

1 Like

@Stephen could you point us to the support topic that you are mentioning?
I would appreciate to have the ability to record and show the recordings/transcriptions of the chat afterwards…
thanks!

Any one facing below issue
denied by “X-Frame-Options“ directive set to “sameorigin“.

Please let me know any help
Thanks

The BigBlueButton Greenlight v3 plugin installed in my discourse

I added the URL and secret key to plugin settings and it is configured and also added different groups like

Trust_level_0, admins, Moderators

When I make a new topic and use BigBlueButton, I create a room from the bigbluebutton admin dashboard. I also added a room ID to the meeting ID in the button modal. I expect that when users click the video call link, they’ll join my meeting. However, instead of BigBlueButton taking them to a sign-in page, it shows the dashboard but doesn’t connect to the meeting room.

In the network tab, I can see these errors, but it’s confusing because the meeting hasn’t been forcibly ended.

Could you please guide me to the source where I might have made a mistake?

thank you

1 Like

Hi @Ashwani_Kumar @Hitesh_Sharma,

I had a look at the current state of the plugin, and unfortunately we have to mark it as broken. In its current state, it doesn’t work with BBB version 2.4 and up. Note also that it has had very little usage by the community, BBB released version 2.4 in December 2021 and no reports were made here abuot the plugin not working, that’s a sign to us that this plugin isn’t used by many communities.

Sadly, I’m adding the broken tag here and archiving the repository. (Note that you can still post links to BBB meetings in Discourse posts.)

1 Like

After I update discourse verison then bigblue button give error

Because it is broken and archived.

Perhaps you could revive it by creating a fork and fixing it, or get someone to fix it for you marketplace

2 Likes