Bootstrap Error during Installation at Amazon EC2 (Ubuntu)

Hello,

I’ve followed the instructions at: http://stroupaloop.com/blog/discourse-setup-using-aws/ - to setup a discourse instance via Amazon EC2. Everything seems to be working smoothly until, I arrive at: “sudo ./launcher bootstrap app” and receive the following error.

FAILED
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate’ failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 13896 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:108:in `spawn’
exec failed with the params {“cd”=>"$home", “hook”=>“bundle_exec”, “cmd”=>[“su discourse -c ‘bundle install --deployment --verbose --without test --without development --retry 3 --jobs 4’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate’”, “su discourse -c ‘bundle exec rake assets:precompile’”]}
f5472ed8e1191c1208eb989e78ceedc9b968fb7db2c36a0a7d2f93e03bf6122e
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one

Any idea what’s going wrong there and how to fix it?

Thanks

You need to include the parts of the output where it errored, not just the failure message at the end.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response Andrew. I managed to get it to work by removing the docker folder, creating a new one and using a locally hosted postgres database other than using Amazon RDS.

2 Likes