Brand-new Discourse video! šŸ„³

We are thrilled to present our latest Discourse brand video! :tada: :slight_smile:

I want to wax lyrical about how magnificent it is and how it represents yet another great chapter in our mission to foster meaningful conversations and help build ever more vibrant communities, but Iā€™m slightly worried youā€™ll just take my word for it and not watch itā€¦ :slight_smile:

So, without further ado, I present to youā€¦ :drum: :drum: :drum:

We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed creating it. :slight_smile: :discourse:

100 Likes

This video represents what Discourse is in its true potential. Discourse is a home for your community. Here, all your data is safe and secure. You also have control over everything.
:tada:

14 Likes

Nice video! It almost makes we want to use Discourse immediatelyā€¦ oh wait - I already do :discourse:

I like the animations :heart_eyes:.

14 Likes

I noticed the word ā€œforumā€ isnā€™t used at all. Is that intentional? Not making a judgment either way, just thought that was interesting.

11 Likes

Good point. I suppose thatā€™s is because the word ā€œforumā€ gives connotations to old style forums which obviously doesnā€™t go well with Discoursesā€™ view on how a a modern online community should look/work.

10 Likes

Hopefully it will make everyone else think the same too. :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

Posting it on here is a little ā€˜preaching to the convertedā€™, but I thought you all may want a peek. :slight_smile:

I think ā€˜communityā€™ sounds more open and encompassing too. Like youā€™re emphasising the people rather than the medium.

13 Likes

Surprised and pleased to hear an English accent - a Midlands accent, if Iā€™m not mistaken!

11 Likes

Amazing video! It truly showcases the power and goodness of Discourse. Love it :heart_eyes:!

6 Likes

Itā€™s our very own @JammyDodger!

13 Likes

Great video. Plus, the @JammyDodger is always a very helpful member in the community.

9 Likes

He also makes excellent biscuits :yum:

Great video everyone!

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a whole bundle of UK cultural references to be unpacked in here! (Perhaps start here)

4 Likes

Hey Colleagues from the (ex-european :smiling_face_with_tear:) island,

is there a chance to get that video translated? If the data file is available with a separate audio track, I could prepare a localisation into german. And maybe there are some native speakers for other locales ā€¦

6 Likes

Dutch and French would be good to.

That is a great midlands accent!

3 Likes

Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s not currently possible, but itā€™s definitely something weā€™re considering for future ones. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi guys :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

When I was searching for a community software, that fits our needs and our attitude towards other people, I found Discourse and this beautiful created video. Right time, right place :smiling_face:

Now Iā€™m a totally fresh member of your community with an equally fresh installed discourse instance. Happy to be here and looking forward to interesting and inspiring talks with you all.

Best, Joerg

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.