Bring the "claim" feature for flags back

Hello!

Is it possible to get the “claim” feature back when dealing with flags? On our Discourse site, where we often get more than 10 flags a day, and have a team of moderators working on them, it was perfect to show which mod is working on what.

I know that there’s the “assign” feature for an individual thread, but you cannot see who has been assigned to a thread from the flagged menu.

Thank you kindly.

3 Likes

I believe this still exists @eviltrout?

2 Likes

I honestly haven’t tested it with the new reviewable branch so I suspect it has regressed. I’ll check it out soon.

5 Likes

Thank you! I can confirm that it’s not an option anymore, and I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Would you be able to tell me if this feature may come back? This way I know whether to find an alternative, or to just wait a bit.

It’s definitely going to come back. With any luck I’ll have something tomorrow, but it depends what else comes up in the meantime.

9 Likes

Excellent!! Thank you so much! :smile:

Okay as promised, I’ve re-implemented claiming in core Discourse. I’d love for you to try it out and provide feedback:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/b380ed5282ef76f3f9a0996ab8a5786be3da362b

You can turn it on with the site setting reviewable claiming. You can set it to disabled / optional / required.

6 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you! Will be back asap with feedback!

2 Likes

Thanks, as usual with new features like this there might be some bugs / awkward things. We’ll try to fix it quickly.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.