(ikbear) #1

I want to change my profile picture. But when I click on the edit button here:

The popup window can’t let me choose Gravatar pic first:

I have to choose System assigned pic first:

Then I can choose Gravatar pic now:

(Sam Saffron) #2

Is this a docker install?

(ikbear) #3

Meta can reappear this problem if you use Chrome. Safari is normal.

(Régis Hanol) #4

There was a short time were letter avatars weren’t generating the letter due to a font missing. You might have generated one at that time and it’s since cached on your browser. To fix it, you only need to hard refresh.

(ikbear) #5

I have update these pictures like this:

But there are caches. How could you solve this cache problem?

(Stephanie) #6

Is it showing the right pictures now?

(ikbear) #7

Yes it’s right now. Did you refresh it manually?

(Kane York) #8

It’s not a bug with the image, it’s a bug with the radio buttons in the dialog.

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #9

I just repro’d this on my hosted environment using Chrome 43 on the mac.

I refreshed the gravatar icon for the Discourse Support user, but couldn’t check the middle radio button. It only highlighted, like so:

Clicking Save did switch the user’s icon, which showed after a Command R refresh

(Stephanie) #10

I don’t know if this would be related; I was previously ascribing it to touch interface weirdness. When I change my profile pic from my iPad, the popup appears and then when I try to click the radio button, the popup goes… somewhere. It’s still open, but it’s no longer visible on my screen. I have to tilt my device to change screen orientation and then it comes back.

Edit: It also happens if I click the little refresh button first instead of the radio button.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

99.9% unrelated, touch and Mobile Safari specific.

(Stephanie) #12

I was pretty sure it was that, but I didn’t want to withhold information that had a chance of being relevant, just in case.

(Apparently Archetype) #13

I’ll confirm this.

happens on my home forum and it has happened to me here on meta.d as well. the radio buttons are bugged in such a way that i must select an option other than the current one then select the current one in order to update my avatar.

(Régis Hanol) #14

I’ll try my best at fixing this. I know I had to hack around Ember on this one since radio buttons were not supported when I added that feature. But I believe this has changed in the recent versions.

(Régis Hanol) #15

Actually, the hack was still needed. But I made a better one :poodle:

Anyway, this should fix this issue

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/0bfabed2d508c09abec54c14bd771b4625a522ff

(Régis Hanol) #16

This topic was automatically closed after 2 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.