Bug when editing badges - Trigger is changed

When editing an existing badge, the Trigger is changed so it always goes back to:

When a user changes trust level

Very annoying for editing lots of badges!

I haven’t been able to repro this, are you able to give me more details, maybe give me a repro from scratch please, or a video?

OK, I use the API to grant forum badges based on what people do on my site https://tardis.guide

So then I added a Badge Query which is impossible to earn to all of those badges, just so the badges don’t show up in the list for ‘granting badges’ - it was clogged up and I never needed them there.

So all my badges contain this SQL:

SELECT id user_id, created_at granted_at
FROM users
WHERE id = -1000

(This is the only way I know of to remove a badge from that dropdown list).

I set the trigger to “updated daily” just because it’s one that works.

But since the update, any time I edit a badge (maybe to change the description or the picture), the trigger value has changed to the first option because when I try to hit submit it says this:

And when I look, yes the trigger has changed to “when a user changes trust level”:

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 16.34.51

So I change it back to ‘updated daily’ and hit submit and it works.

But then if I simply refresh the page, it will go back to ‘when a user changes trust level’ so I can’t edit it without fixing that again.

Thanks

1 Like

Will try to look at this tomorrow and see if I can repro with these info, thanks.

I still haven’t been able to reproduce your exact issue, but I suspect this might help:

1 Like