Bug with bad matching of email in users in one of the last versions?

hi,

using ~this week’s builds, I’m having an odd issue. I have a user mailing sales at ourcompany.com, I see a staged account for them, the Raw message shows From perfectly fine, but the mail shows attributed to a completely unrelated user, creating great confusion.

Were there any changes in the From -> User mapping? And if not, how is an incoming mail mapped to a user?

Update: even mails from me will be attributed to that particular random user. Mails from before I updated were fine, so it’s going to be in a change from the last 24-48 hours.

2 Likes

There were some recent changes in email handling which might have introduced a bug for some kind of weird emails. Can you send @vinothkannans and me a PM with the raw email that got mapped to the wrong user?

6 Likes

Been talking to @zogstrip already; basically all incoming mail maps to the first entry of the email_logs table. (All of them have bounce_key set to null, it seems to find the first entry in that table with an empty bounce key)

4 Likes

Ah, I know where I have to look for this issue. Let me check and update here soon.

3 Likes

This is fixed as per commit

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/fc0b7c9e2619add7750f572c6a51de1b81ab3b66

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.