Bulk delete topics/content from select users

I have been pulling in content from RSS feeds but now I have stopped. I would now like to delete all that content, but from the admin/users page I can’t click a button to delete a user and all their posts/topics.

Is there a way I can override this and bulk delete users and their content? Some of my feeds have 1K+ topics…

2 Likes

Look at delete all posts max and delete user max post age settings in your administration. Change for a higher value, and then you’ll be able to remove all the posts from any user.

3 Likes

Getting there, thank you.

But on a user’s page, if I delete a user, will it also delete all their posts? I can’t see an option to delete posts.

1 Like

Think this topic covers it:

1 Like

When you raise the two settings I wrote about, you’ll be able to remove all the user’s messages prior removing the user itself (a user can’t be deleted if it has messages).

2 Likes

Whenever I try and delete posts (10 or 500), I keep getting this error message. Any thoughts?

So, at the moment, I can’t delete posts or users.

Is there a way to override:

“There was an error deleting that user. Make sure all posts are deleted before trying to delete the user.”

1 Like

Check /logs to see what the problem was, and post a redacted version of the env and backtrace here. Alternately, if you check and some but not all posts were deleted, just keep hitting the button until it finishes.

1 Like

Sorry, laymans terms please?

Visit forum.yourcommunity.com/logs and see if there’s an error entry from when the post deletion failed.

3 Likes

No error messages. It just stops and says "There was a problem deleting the posts’’.

I have a lot of users/posts I need to delete, so there has to be a better way?

I was hoping someone would have replied to:

I managed to get some success by flushing Redis.

1 Like

You should expect performance problems if you delete users with massive numbers of posts and topics, that’s a rare event – and should be avoided in favor of anonymization whenever possible.

1 Like

I was having a problem deleting just 10 posts.

2 Likes

That shouldn’t be happening for sure!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.