Bulk invite: explain format on screen

The “bulk invite” tool has a few hidden super-powers, including the ability to add groups to invitees and set a target topic. This is all explained on the howto document, but I know I didn’t discover this at first. Would it be worthwhile adding a small :question: button next to the “bulk invite” button which links to that topic?

I thought about suggesting a modal popup with instructions directly inline, and the file upload button there, but I think that’d require a decent design, and would be the opportunity to do other awesome things like preview, paste directly, etc. – all of which I think should be out-of-scope for now. :wink:

3 Likes

…and I just discovered that there is, in fact, a link to this topic on that page – as long as you have no pending invites! (I had a whole bunch of expired ones which I just cleaned up.) Maybe that link could just become permanent above or below the pending table?

4 Likes

I agree
Yesterday I need to send a bulk invite, and I did not remember the CVS format :wink:

2 Likes

Nice suggestion! I added a ? icon (next to Bulk Invite from File button) linking to bulk invite howto.

7 Likes

Awesome, thanks @techAPJ! It’s great to see small improvements and refinements like this moving so quickly, especially alongside some of the larger items. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it possible to customize the bulk-invite email-template (or message)?

Thanks

Yes, you can customize bulk invite email content by customizing “Invite Forum Mailer” template, available at —
/admin/customize/email_templates/invite_forum_mailer.

4 Likes