Bulk open closed topics

I have a lot of topics that were closed following the wrong setting “Close after … min”. Tried to select multiple topics that were closed and apply a bulk action to them, but didn’t find such a button. Is this function possible in any other way or am I doing smth wrong?

3 Likes

You might have a look at Administrative Bulk Operations if your self hosted. If you’re hosted somewhere you might contact them and walk if they will do it from the rails console for you

2 Likes

Ugh I’ve just run into this as well… accidentally closed a bunch of topics and just realized it, now I want to just select them all and reopen, but that’s not an option! Admins can bulk close, but not bulk open! This feels like a very basic thing that should be available to admins. :frowning:

4 Likes

Just ran into this as well on an instance. Would be nice if the bulk close option toggles to bulk open when all selected topics are already closed.

1 Like

There is no workaround?

i think this might work?

2 Likes

Not sure if here or UX might be best

I selected a number of topics with the idea of Opening Topics. Unfortunately there is Close Topics but no Bulk Open Topics. :weary: :wink:

It’s rare that you would want to open a bunch of closed topics. If you have a lot, you might do it from rails. Administrative Bulk Operations might help

1 Like

@Heliosurge, I’ve slipped your feature request over to this existing one to keep them grouped together. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah but would like to avoid using command line as there are topics I want to open but not all of them.

I agree not likely to come up often. But select and open would be better

1 Like

Sorry. I have a bad habit of treating everything in feature as if it were in support.

Oh! Hooray. Maybe it wasn’t my fault, then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No worries there. Imho an easy way might be to combine Open/Close in the bulk actions

When choosing the button it will open closed selected topics and Open Closed Topics.

To be fair was in support. But @JammyDodger moved it appropriately to feature in an existing similar topic.

1 Like