Calling out for volunteer Community Managers 📣

We share it whenever we extend the three month offer. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

So do we have an army of volunteer community managers? Are some active? I did not receive any enquiry. Did anyone else?

4 Likes

I have certainly heard of a few success storied, maybe we should make another topic to track that … @nathank maybe kick off a “success story” topic?

9 Likes

I’m not sure I can claim a full success - our site (healthforum.nz) exploded numbers-wise for a while and had great discussions, but then hit the skids as people stopped wanting to talk about COVID-19 any more. We are currently working on re-inventing it for the long term as a flexible multi-disciplinary national (all health related) platform for discussion and collaboration.

It was actually really hard to find community managers who understand both our local culture and our health peculiarities particularly with privacy; we really need to find community managers from our own. That has meant training them up, which is a very slow and laborious process. @pacharanero was a co-conspirator and amazingly supportive, @angus has been invaluable, and @HAWK and @Rhidian have given great advice. And the whole @staff here have given us special attention, which has been really appreciated.

15 Likes

Would like to say a big thank you to Sam Saffron for starting this thread and of course the team at Discourse, this entire community but especially those who specifically offered their assistance.

And for encouragement, support and wishes to Nathan and Profile - InspektorCluzo - Discourse Meta

One person in particular deserves thanks and I hope they don’t mind me posting this:

A bit about our experience here - maybe of some use.

peace & love

11 Likes

I am available to help at any circumstances and will be more happy to serve you, I live in the Philippines

6 Likes

VCM - Gavin Perch

Timezone: UTC +2
Host require: Self hosted or Discourse Hosted
Avail as: Admin or Moderator
Skills: Ubuntu, Mail Servers, DNS Records (any many other things)
Community Manager Experience: Yes
Notable Badges: Certified, Licensed

6 Likes

Niyo Community

I can be a good community manager. I have launched and managed this community. Please have a look.

5 Likes

Alessio here,
Community Strategist, Marketing Manager, former Sysadmin and Discourse fan since 2014
I live in Italy and I can help with community management and coaching.
I speak Italian and English :it: :us:

6 Likes

Ich kann gerne aus Deutschland (Germany) helfen eine Community aufzubauen. Melde dich gerne bei mir und wir bereden alles weitere.

6 Likes

:raised_hand: Hello. I’m Zachary. I am willing to help out with a community in any way possible. I live in Texas, USA but I know how to speak Spanish and Russian.
If you want to know what qualifications I have feel free to message me.

7 Likes

I am Adrian and i can definitely help in this!:blush:

7 Likes

I am willing to donate my time to help with community management and answer technological questions. I live in the United States. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I would be willing to donate my time, as well. I am a long-experienced community manager, but utterly new to Discourse, so I would be learning along with anyone I was helping (which seems as good a way to learn this as any, and better than many). I’m in the Boston, MA area, in the US.

7 Likes

:raised_hand: I am willing to donate my time,I live in Shanghai, China. I speak English a little. My main job is to develop java full stack. I’m doing development for the Research Institute under Fudan University. I’m willing to help the community answer questions. I’m also the head of China Charity open source software organization

4 Likes

I’m willing to donate my time, I’m from city of pearls, Hyderabad, India. I speak English, Hindi & Telugu. I’m a developer, Have had helped with 250+ discourse community installations and setup & theme customizations. Anyone needs help with, would be happy to devote my time with a :heart: for Discourse

2 Likes

Thanks so much to everyone that participated in this topic. It is truly heartwarming to see.

It has served its purpose now so we are going to close it off.

Stay safe out there everyone.

16 Likes