Can I enable Post Voting with comments, but not votes?

Is there a way to get the comments on the posts without the voting? The voting is being abused too often in brigading, whereas the comments are really useful. (At least in our instance)

1 Like

I’m afraid it’s not possible to turn the post voting itself off and just keep the comments. You may be able to hide the voting element with a little CSS, perhaps. I’m not sure if that would be practical though?

If you do try it, let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently it’s hard to do properly because by default topic sorts answers with “votes”, and there is no option to change it. With CSS you can hide elements, but someone with CSS knowledge still can vote and mess with default posts order.

I really want to try second level comments on some of my topics, they exist in this plugin, but just as separate feature hard to use.

And also because this is out of scope of original plugin intention, i’m really afraid to try it on big topics and that it won’t cause any performance issues.

Just for example, my user case - screenshots topic, currently it has 18k answers. We want to keep it clean from comments and use just for screenshots. But users still want to leave comments sometimes, and not always use separate topic for this.