Can’t input username into Invite modal on iPadOS

On the latest iPadOS 17.6.1 both Safari and Chrome (up to date).

The modal to input username that appears after tapping “+” to invite user won’t allow the virtual keyboard to pop-up. Something is odd with the cursor focus. It’s impossible to input usernames. The keyboard basically appears and then disappears.

Reproducible here on Meta.

2 Likes

The very same problem is when merging users and probably in other modals which have input to search for a anything. (For example choosing icon for custom link in a sidebar). Both Safari and Chrome on iPadOS.

Sorry can you provide more detail? or screen vid? I’ve just updated my iOS on my ipad 5th gen and I can’t repro. I went to my invites and “create invite” and keyboard appeared right away when I tapped the restrict to field.

I think I know what you are talking about. it’s a touch screen thing in desktop mode I think. I have gotten it occasionally in past on iOS and I usually do a doubletap to overcome it.

I meant Invite modal when adding new users to a private topic.

Unfortunatelly doesn’t work.

ok i just reproduced this in safari on ipad but it only happens to me in landscape orientation. if i turn my tablet to portrait it works as expected.

2 Likes