Can we add @usernameofposter automatically when someone replies for a post

I went through the list of posts for a topic. I lost the context until I go through each replies dropdown. Please see the below screenshot.

In the above conversation, @codinghorror has actually replied to riking. I actually cannot say immediately whom he has replied until I go through each reply dropdown for above posts.

My request here - can we add @mention automatically when we hit reply on a post. This help others to understand the context easily without going through individual replies. This is important especially in mobiles.

Edit1: I understand there is an img at the far right about who the reply points to. But it didnt help. May be shifting that to the far left helps.

1 Like

I was curious how it would look like so I did two mockups:

A: moved current indicator to the first line of a reply:

B: the same, but replaced indicator with @name

2 Likes

@lidel Awesome to see quick experiments from the community. This is a better way to showcase the solution. Personally I liked B as it will be shown in the compose box while typing a reply

I agree: if we want to use @name it should be ‘hardcoded’ in preview pane, otherwise someone may want to explicitly start a reply with @name which will cause ugly duplicate (I’ve seen some people add @name in replies for clarity reasons).

I guess we also want to differentiate between causal mentions and direct replies, so perhaps we could combine A&B:

C: B + arrow from A

You are free to override the css on your site to do this, but I don’t see us adopting this as a default.