Can we display custom fields in user directory list

Hey! I’m wondering if there is any way to display a custom field in the user directory.

While having statistics is nice to see how users at large are using the site, a user directory should also have an associated list of useful values associated with that user.

I would like some way to see at-a-glance a list of all custom fields (or chosen custom fields) when browsing through the user directory.

9 Likes

nobody ever followed up on this? This would be terrific!

1 Like

Agreed,

I’m particularly interested in having the user directory list items like group.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 Like

If we could make this fields sortable even, this would be really, really awesome.

2 Likes

Did anyone in this topic ever figure this out? Would love to display the custom user fields on the user list page.

2 Likes

I have been looking around for such a solution as well. Has anyone figured this out?

1 Like

At the moment this would require a custom plugin cause the serializer would need amendments.

We have rough plans to allow serializers to be amended from themes and then we can potentially do this in a theme component. We will update here as it progresses.

10 Likes

Is there any (planned) progress regarding this feature ?

1 Like

We still have rough plans, but nothing concrete quite yet.

6 Likes

This feature has been implemented in discourse for a while now. On my neighborhood forum, I like using it to display the street address and phone number for people in the community. Works really well! :hugs:

5 Likes