Can we make it more obvious that a topic is solved?

For very long instances of Post # 1 in a topic, it’s not immediately obvious it’s already been solved without scrolling down. As a result it would be nice if the notification could be moved to above the content in the post.

Into the Title?

1 Like

That isn’t a horrible idea, although I’m specifically talking about the location of the current paragraph with the check-box that’s inserted into the post.

Other than in “post controls”

Where are you thinking? Mock-up?

No, I’m not going to make a mockup of something so simple. :slight_smile: I just meant inserting the new “solved” <p> element above the post, not below it.

Ah, sorry, I was thinking of the check-square that appears in the “accepted answer” post, not the “solved by” in the OP

That’s in the topic-after-cooked plugin-outlet

I guess it would be easy enough to have another plugin-outlet put into the top of the OP, but IMHO that might be somewhat distracting.

AFAIK that would be the only easy alternative as the template users “cooked” as a whole.

Meh, maybe not so much

I really like this mockup, the only strong caveat from @codinghorror is that he wants a guarantee that there is no more than 2 glyphs on a topic.

I am marking this as planned, cause I plan to improve this.

3 Likes

How about eliminating the glyph and applying an automatic tag instead?
[solved]

Please take a look at this mockup.
I really think Discourse should drop the [solved] icon in favor of an auto tag.

2 Likes

You could use CSS to change the icon to whatever you want.

5 Likes

I know I can hide the icon, what I can’t do is auto tags for: wiki, solved, poll, closed topic etc.