Can we unpin someone else's post?

I’m an admin on our account. We have an pinned outdated post that I need to unpin. Is there a way to do that so that it’s unpinned for everyone? Right now it’s only unpinned for me.

1 Like

If you’re an admin, visit the admin menu bottom left and choose Pin Topic (it should say Unpin Topic if it’s already pinned).

2 Likes

Hi Hawk, Thanks for your fast response. :slight_smile: Where do I find the “Admin menu”? Do you mean while I’m in that post? I see the “Admin” area in the top right of the page, but nothing on the bottom left.

Bottom left wrench of Topic I suspect at the foot of all Posts.

1 Like

I see that wrench on the bottom right, but when I click on it I don’t have the unpin topic option. This is what I get…

Left not right. Bottom of Topic, not bottom of Post. You don’t pin a Post, you pin a Topic.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh I see it now. This post was SO long with so many replies that it was a lot of scrolling to get down to the bottom to see that. Thank you Robert. That was extremely helpful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, normally when you click on a Title in the Topic List it helpfully takes you to first unread Post which can help you get further towards it to the bottom immediately. However if you’ve not read anything it will be a bit of a scroll.

The other technique is to hit the reply count on the Topic List. This will present you with two arrows. The down arrow will take you immediately to the last Post.

2 Likes

Ooohhhh, another super handy trick! Gosh, Robert, you are a wealth of information! Thank you so much!!! :clap:

Okay, I learned a bunch today AND joined a new channel! Glad to know this is here and full of helpful people. :partying_face:

2 Likes

On a wide enough screen, there will also be a copy of this menu above the topic timeline. On mobile, it’s in the popup when you press the progress bar.

Mobile view

3 Likes

Ahhh good to know. Thank you Kane! :slightly_smiling_face: