When I click on the 'pin post' option it does not pin the post

How can I get the posts to pin at the top of the page? Clicking ‘pin post’ does not do this, it is either a bug or I am missing something?

There is a setting to automatically unpin posts after they have been read. Nene look for that.

I am not trying to un-pin posts, I want to know if there is a way to pin posts to the top of the forum?
We are not able to do this using the option ‘pin post’ that comes as a standard setting option

Are you trying to make it a banner post? That’s a separate thing.

I’m assuming you’re referring to pinning a topic using the ‘Pin Topic’ option in the topic wrench:

For anonymous, topics will remain pinned to the top of their respective category (and Latest list, if pinned globally), but will be dynamic for users with an account. The pinned behaviour for logged-in users is set by the automatically unpin topics and default topics automatic unpin admin settings:

Though users can change their preference for themselves from their Preferences/Interface page:

You can also toggle the pinned/unpinned status for yourself using the little drawing pin next to the topic title (in the topic, and from the topic list), as well as from the topic controls at the bottom of the pinned topic:

If you check out your forum in a private window/logged out, do you see the topics pinned where they should be?

3 Likes

good day Jammy, what if i want to pin a comment (or some comments) inside a thread?

I’m afraid there isn’t currently a way to pin posts within a topic in the same way you’d pin a topic to the top of a category or the Latest list.

I believe it has been requested a couple of times before though. There’s this open feature request if you’d like to add your thoughts as to why it should be implemented and see if you can sway the case for it to be picked up: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

thanks Jammy. will do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.