Cannot see hidden posts

Hello, is there a way to see flagged/hidden posts, because in one of the discourse forums there isn’t an option to unhide it. Thanks.

Hello @Kevin_Lu1, welcome to Meta :discourse: :tada:

There is a setting that controls which users can see the button to unhide a hidden post.

hidden_post_visible_groups: Allow members of these groups to view hidden posts. Staff users can always view hidden posts.

6 Likes

What if I’m a basic user and not a staff member?

Why do you need to view it?

I’m afraid you’ll have to wait until a moderator addresses the flag. They can make it visible again if they disagree with the flagging.
Usually, there is a reason why a post was flagged, and then it can keep the discussion civil and on topic. If basic users are able to view the hidden content, they tend to react to the hidden post.

Since the default rules also say that you should not react to those posts, hiding them is often better. Otherwise, moderators have to look for those reaction posts and delete them too.

When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it . If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.

Of course, you could also ask the staff to change the setting.

5 Likes

Oh ok, that makes more sense. I just want to see it to see what he said was so controversial :joy:

This setting was also newly integrated so I was able to view hidden posts before.

This has been the case since June last year.

But as Moin said above, its best to let flagged posts be. Its best to focus on the productive posts in a topic :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t visit the forum often so I just realized it :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.