Flagged posts appear to everyone, instead of being hidden for users who aren't logged

Hi, everyone :wave:

I hope you’re all having a lovely week so far!

A while ago, there was an option for moderators to flag inappropriate messages, and the messages weren’t visible to basic users. :point_down:

Currently, when a message is flagged, it’s still visible, even to those who are not logged in:

Can someone guide me on changing the settings so that the flagged posts can appear only to admins and moderators?

I think this may have been a temporary thing when the new hidden post visible groups setting was introduced, which has now been superseded by the current behaviour?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to completely hide a flagged message for visitors (logged-out users) and users with trust levels 1,2,3 :thinking: I know if you delete the message, it will appear only to admins/moderators, which is basically the same.

I think you may be able to target them with a little CSS. If you had the CSS Classes for Current User's Groups theme component I think you could do something like this:

.post-hidden {
    display: none;
}

.group-trust_level_4 .post-hidden {
    display: initial;
}

You may need to tinker with it to get the results you want though, depending on staff trust levels or category moderators, etc

2 Likes

Thanks, @JammyDodger :pray:

I haven’t tried the above suggestion but it seems the issue is now fixed.

Here’s what I see from my admin profile:

And there’s no trace of those hidden replies if the trust level is below 4 or when the person is not logged in