Can't create a new API key for existing user (maybe bug)

Can each user only have 1 API key? If this isn’t a bug, there definitely needs to be some guiding instructions here:

When I type this, I cannot click “Save” – why?

How about a tooltip or an error tip below that tells me why this button is disabled?

I found out later that normal usernames have suggestions that popup – existing accounts that have an API key don’t show up at all, making a truly confusing experience. When I first typed the user’s name, nothing showed up at all and had no suggestions like “user not found” or “user already has an api key (max 1)” or something.

It feels strange that I can’t assign more than 1 API key for different things, though - I thought that was the main point of API keys to keep scope very particular - feels more like a bug.

1 Like

There is a reasonable chance that you have encountered a bug that’s been fixed. I’d do an update.

4 Likes

I am having similar type of issue where I cannot click on save it is grayed out. I am not sure if they are related. I am creating first user API key.

1 Like

The “Save” button will be disabled until you fill in the “Description” field. Try filling in that field and see if you are then able to save the API key.

3 Likes

Thanks! it worked…

2 Likes

@simon @pfaffman I’m new to discoure can you guys please help me to go through.
I’m encountering a issue while creating the new API and I’m providing each data to respective field . I’m uncertain if these issues are maybe because of Data explore Plugin because I don’t heave subscriptions for it . I’m in the process of generating my first user API key but again I’m getting 403 error.

Also, I have to connect this directly into my Power BI dashboard. Any help really helpufull.

Thanks in advance.

You should start a new topic and say what you’re doing when your get the 403 error. Are you doing this in the ux area trying to do something from the API?

What is the dashboard you’re working with and how and why do you need to connect to it? Connect how?

I don’t think that the data explorer plugin has to do with any problems.

1 Like