Can't find discobot welcome message text

I’m not sure exactly what’s going on here, but somehow discobot is sending this message as as welcome:

So I must have customized it at some point, but I’d like to change it again. After reading Changing Welcome Message I have searched for this welcome message but cannot find the exact one:

I even edited a version of discourse_narrative_bot.new_user_narrative.hello.message:

But it is not sent to new users. What is going here?

Try system_messages.usage_tips.text_body_template

3 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately this also doesn’t show the text that currently appears in the message:

Pick a phrase from the message you would like to edit and type it in the search box. You can also tick the Only show overridden checkbox to help you narrow it down.

3 Likes

The message you are looking for is made up of two parts. The first part is system_messages.welcome_user.text_body_template and the second part is system_messages.usage_tips.text_body_template.

For reference, this is the notification that is sent to new users when the discourse narrative bot welcome post type Site Setting is set to ‘Send all new users a welcome message with a quick start guide.’

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.