Can't find search box if notice still present

No big deal, but if there’s a notice still present on the screen, the user cannot find the search box even though they press the magnifying glass because it’s hidden by the keyboard.

They need to remember to read the notice and click the X before the search box moves up into view.

Just thought you would like to know.

Again, it’s because of the lack of real estate here due to your zoom/text size level and the size of your phone. No issue on my Android.

I’m not sure how the layout could “prioritise” the search box at such small dimensions without hiding the banner? :thinking:

3 Likes

I got an idea. In such situations the interface could show “half and half”. That way the user would know that the system knows that they have pressed something without the system needing to know which one is more important.

Then the user could simply expand the one that he or she is interested in.

It’s better than the current “all and/or nothing.”

Or you could just hit the x and dismiss the notice.

3 Likes

I wonder, for users in a hurry, if they hit that X, is there some way for them to “un-hit” that X later?

Okay I’ve hit the X, but I’m just curious is there anywhere to find that site notice later?

I tried and it seems the only time you’re going to see a site notice is when the system shows it to you and after you hit the X there’s no way to have a second look because I can’t find it in any of the menus.

Let’s say when I saw the notice I wasn’t interested in the job but after thinking about it for a while now I’m interested but then how can I see the site notice again, let’s say in a directory of old site notices? I guess I would have to use an incognito browser window?

Or you could look up our job listings.

5 Likes