Can't pin/unpin topic from the title

Previously (I’m 99% sure) if a topic was pinned and you scrolled down the title would appear in the header (as you can see in image 1) and you could press :pushpin: icon and it would pin/unpin. However it does not allow you to do this despite the pin still being clickable. In image 2 it works fine you can pin/unpin

This happens on the latest version of Discourse and affects desktop and mobile. I’m using chrome.

2 Likes

I concur, Firefox, latest 2.8.0.beta10 ( bbca25e875 ), even in safe mode and there’s nothing in the console. (Not sure for the previously though)

2 Likes

I can’t pin/unpin from the header either (though I think this may be the first time I’ve ever tried :slightly_smiling_face:).

I’ve test it here on meta, my test site (latest), my live site (not-quite-latest), and another forum I’m on that’s Discourse-hosted (bit older again)

Android/Chrome

3 Likes

I prefixed the commit with FEATURE because I couldn’t find anything in the codebase that suggested this worked before so the only way to “fix” this was to add support for it which means it’s a new feature :smiley:

I also noticed that toggling the pin from topics lists wasn’t working here on Meta due to a theme component so I fixed that as well:

4 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks for that :heart:

3 Likes