Can't rename tag: The requested URL or resource could not be found

On trying to rename a tag I am getting:

The requested URL or resource could not be found.

Think this may have crept in to a recent release as it was working not too long ago?

1 Like

Possible, is there anything in your /logs when you do that (some sort of error) … do you have any tag groups defined? How many topics have this tag?

Does this happen with other tags?

1 Like

There’s nothing in /logs Sam and the tag has one topic. I also tested it with a new test topic and tag (same error). There are tag groups defined but these tags weren’t part of them.

Did the /tags URL recently change to /tag too btw? I noticed a couple of days ago that the link on our portals (to a tag on the forum) wasn’t working and it was using /tags in the url - changing it to /tag made it work. I’m pretty sure /tags used to work, so if there’s been a change here I a think it could be related?

Yeah it did and this could be related to the route change. We will have a look at this over the next day or so.

1 Like

Thanks Sam :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We have a repro here, we will have it sorted tomorrow.

2 Likes

@AstonJ, This has now been fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

3 Likes

I’m seeing a problem deleting a tag: will this be the same fix or should I start a new topic?

3 Likes

Deleting was fixed at the same time. The commit is here for reference:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/3a5080b4698a7846ede3b010245fcc2771c15068

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 33 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.