Cant setup admin account

I installed Discourse succesful. I can enter to the setup page with domain but in set username&password section i pressing “Register” but it doesnt redirecting.

1 Like

You did a standard install? Did you look at Troubleshooting email on a new Discourse install?

3 Likes

I did standard install. I am not sure about email setup cause sendinblue give my personal email adress as smtp username. Now i trying with MailGun.

2 Likes

Now ot refusing connecting after clicked “Register”. No problem in email setup.

I got this error message end of rebuild:
Also i am using ARM64.

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: /bin/bash -c "if [[ ! \"$LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL\" =~ ([^@]+)@([^\.]+) ]]; then echo \"LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL is not a valid email address\"; exit 1; fi" failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 1036 exit 1>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/pups-1.1.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:117:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cmd"=>["if [ -z \"$LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL\" ];
then echo \"LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL ENV variable is required and has not been
set.\"; exit 1; fi", "/bin/bash -c \"if [[ ! \\\"$LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL\\\"
=~ ([^@]+)@([^\\.]+) ]]; then echo \\\"LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL is not a valid
email address\\\"; exit 1; fi\""]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 1
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages,
there may be more than one.
1 Like

Not sure what it might be. It might actually have to do with LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL, but it might not.

2 Likes

I running ./discourse-doctor now.

Ok, i solved problem now.

1 Like

Can you share what the problem and solution was for others to see?
I noticed in your OP that your password was too short. A minimum of 15 characters is required for an Admin account.

2 Likes

Probably i didnt saw “password too short” text. That must be in a red box but i used Discourse doctor and changed my SMTP provider to the mailgun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.