Installing Discourse again

Hello everyone!

I need your assistance.

I am desperate.

I installed Discourse few years ago by myself, it worked well. But now I have faced with some problems: discourse doesn’t send confirmation to new users while registration process.

I tried several ways to solve this problem but I can’t get what i should do.

Previuos time I installed Discourse without any problems, even I have some basic knowledges, but I succed anyway.

Now i face with very strange data which i should insert.

I really need Your assistance.

Now i delete the previuos discourse from server and would like to install again.

Hope anyone could type all kind of data i need to insert while the installation process.

My data:

email for all needs members@elenaspivakova.com (I HAVE ONLY THIS EMAIL)

SMTP PORT 2525

SMTP ADDDRESS smtp.timeweb.ru

discourse forum’s name www.community.elenaspivakova.com

DISCOURSE_DEVELOPER_EMAILS: ‘name@example.com’ (what email should i insert here?)

DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS: smtp.timeweb.ru

DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT: 2525

DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME: postmaster@discourse.example.com (which email address should i insert here?)

DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD: password from what email should i insert here?

I would appreciate if you could help me.

1 Like

This will be password generated by smtp sender when you configure that to send for your domain.

Have you referenced the standard_install guide?:

To ensure mail deliverability, you must add valid SPF and DKIM records in your DNS. You’ll need SMTP credentials from your email provider, which include an SMTP username and password. Log in to your email provider’s account, go to SMTP settings or Email API section, and locate/generate your unique SMTP credentials. Keep them secure, as you’ll use them during the Discourse configuration. See your mail provider instructions for specifics.

1 Like

Hello!
Actually i don’t know how to find correct words to explain … I need to know which data i should insert while installing process… I know the steps to install i need to know what to insert there.
My data:

email for all needs members@elenaspivakova.com (I HAVE ONLY THIS EMAIL)

SMTP PORT 2525

SMTP ADDDRESS smtp.timeweb.ru

discourse forum’s name www.community.elenaspivakova.com

DISCOURSE_DEVELOPER_EMAILS: ‘name@example.com’ (what email should i insert here?)

DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS: smtp.timeweb.ru

DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT: 2525

DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME: postmaster@discourse.example.com (which email address should i insert here?)

DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD: password from what email should i insert here?

Answer the following questions when prompted:

Hostname for your Discourse? [discourse.example.com]: 
Email address for admin account(s)? [me@example.com,you@example.com]: 
SMTP server address? [smtp.example.com]: 
SMTP port? [587]: 
SMTP user name? [user@example.com]: 
SMTP password? [pa$word]: 
Let's Encrypt account email? (ENTER to skip) [me@example.com]: 
Optional Maxmind License key () [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]:
1 Like

For the hostname you can chose any sub-domain such as “community”.custom_domain. You don’t need the www so would just be “community.elenaspivakova.com

E-mail for admin account needs to be working e-mail.

SMTP information is all from the e-mail SMTP sender you are using. Default port is 587.

Let’s Encrypt account email and Maxmind License key are optional not necessary.

Looks like you have all the information you need.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Could you please check it?
Hostname for your Discourse? [community.elenaspivakova.com]
Email address for admin account(s)? [members@elenaspivakova.com:
SMTP server address? [smtp.timeweb.ru]:
SMTP port? [587 or 2525
SMTP user name? Can it be the same members@elenaspivakova.com?
SMTP password? [pa$word]: from the above mentioned email?
Let’s Encrypt account email? (ENTER to skip) [me@example.com]: What is it?
Optional Maxmind License key () [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]:

1 Like

Believe no, that will be different generated by smtp provider in this case timeweb.ru once you have smtp setup with them that will tell you the SMTP port, username and password.

No, is (usually) password generated for smtp by e-mail sender not regular e-mail account password.

Let’s Encrypt account email you can skip or set that to different e-mail for that.

To verify reccomend you contact support with the mail sender you are using, there is also a support article here:

1 Like

This is typically your admin email account as @Architect said it had to be a working email.

2 Likes

There’s a plug in you may benefit from

as to what info I see you are using

So that will have the info you need just log in and look around, provided its your account

1 Like