Category Descriptions

I am trying to achieve three things, if anyone can direct me for each what settings to apply or theme components to implement I would appreciate it.

1. For some reason, my category descriptions do not appear underneath the category name header. And yes I have a description for each category.

Below is what it looks like right now

Below is what I want it to look like:

2. How do I make the parent categories appear as a drop down with topics on the right.

Below is what I want it to look like on the /categories

3. Under each parent category name, how do make the subcategories appear on top. with the topics listed below Please see below for what I want to achieve

For the your second question (and possibly may fix the first) you need to change the desktop category page stylesetting to Categories and Latest

For the 3rd question, that’s a per-category setting.

Edit the category settings and on the Settings tab look for these options:

The check box is what controls whether or not they are shown. The drop-down menu directly below that lets you set which format they’re displayed in.

2 Likes

Thanks for solving 1 and 2. But, I’m struggling with 3 because I don’t know where to find the subcategory list style on the settings tab. Would you mind showing me where

Go to the parent category and click the :wrench: icon.

Then click the Settings tab.

Find the checkbox labeled Show subcategory list above topics in this category

If it’s not checked, check that box. Directly below that is where you set the style for it. Boxes is the style shown in your screenshot, but there are a few others as well. It’s best to try them all and see which you like best.

When you save the changes and go back to the category you may need to refresh the page to see the change as caching will sometimes make it not show the change right away.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.