For example I personally put a category link in my posts, in private messages (because I’m the moderator) and in the forum tutorials, and while creating inter-links. Every time I do this, I have to:
- Open 2nd tab with my forum
- Close the editor that pops out automatically (since I’m editing in the other tab)
- Open categories page
- Open the category that I need
- Copy the link
- Go back to the Editor
- Type category name
- Click “link” button
- Insert the copied URL
Actually, the same would work good for inserting links to topics.
The functionality could be joined in one dialog box:
- Click the button on the toolbar
- Start typing the title of the topic or category.
- Click on one of the results
- The link gets inserted into the text