Category moderators can't access hidden user profiles

Category moderators can’t access user profile pages when the flag “Hide my public profile and presence features” is set in the preferences.

I think they should, like normal moderators and admins.

User profiles cross categories boundaries, so this is not something that category moderators should be able to bypass.

Also worth mentioning that we have a site setting to disable hidden profiles globally allow users to hide profile

1 Like

I see, thanks. Will switch the flag “allow users to hide profile” off then. Will this take away the flag from users that already set the flag? Secondly, will this expose the profile to search engines when logged out or is this a different setting?

The whole /u route is disallowed in both default robots.txt and receive a x-robots-tag: noindex header. There is also hide user profiles from public.

Not sure about the first.

1 Like

Just tried it, works. Users can now access profiles that had the flag set. Don’t know if the flag got deleted in the DB, but works as intended when allow users to hide profile is switched off.

1 Like

The setting is preserved, but will be non-functional. If you reenable it in the future, the old preferences will reapply; the setting will show up in a data download.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.