Category name after category image

Hello guys,

Before come here to ask for help i’ve tried everything but without sucess until now :sweat_smile:

I’m trying to put category name after category image like the FiveM Forum (https://forum.fivem.net)

Already tried :

• Edit category-title-link.hbs through docker image (docker -it imagename sh - \var\www\discourse\app\assets\javascripts\discourse\templates\components\category-title-link.hbs) :x:

• Using JQuery $( “category-text-title” ).insertBefore( “category-logo.aspect-image” ) on theme editor, i’ve discovered that dont work :x:

• Some css trics (flex, order, table) :x:

I’ve see in fivem forum, they changed the divs order but is nothing on css or if is, im not good enough to find where.

Im the wordpress guy, hope someone more experienced to help, thanks in advice :heart:

2 Likes

According to my primary research, the template name seems to be categories-only.hbs
Try changing that. I haven’t tried it but I think it should be the template you are intending to change.

Secondly, I wouldn’t recommend changing it in discourse. A better way is to override the template.

2 Likes

The category-title-link.hbs contains exactly what im trying to change, but when i edit, theres no changes, do you know if needs to rebuild the app or something like that when edit hbs files?

{{category-title-before category=category}}
<a class="category-title-link" href={{category.url}}>
  **<div class="category-text-title">**
    {{#if category.read_restricted}}
      {{d-icon 'lock'}}
    {{/if}}

<span class="category-name">{{dir-span category.name}}</span>
  </div>
  {{#if category.uploaded_logo.url}}
    {{cdn-img
      src=category.uploaded_logo.url
      **class="category-logo"**
      width=category.uploaded_logo.width
      height=category.uploaded_logo.height}}
  {{/if}}
</a>
1 Like

If you edit ember code, you don’t need to restart the complete application, but make sure you hard reload the browser window so that you’re not seeing something the browser has cached.

2 Likes

After the changes, i’ve restart the docker container and restart the web server haha :sweat_smile:

I reloaded the page thousand of times and tried through incognito also

No changes :rofl:

Just confirm for me please, im editing in the correct directory ?

\var\www\discorse\app\assets\javascripts\discourse\templates\components

the “templates” folder sounds that just a templates and not what is live, but im not understand that kind of programming, so is just a guessing

Try deleting the tmp folder in the discourse root directory and then restart the server.

̶T̶h̶a̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶

Why would you do that? This is a CSS change, through admin, customize.

4 Likes

Can you help me with this ? as i said i tried everything :rofl:

Some css trics (flex, order, table) :x

See Developer’s guide to Discourse Themes.

3 Likes

Thank you Jay, but i’m not a developer, i know some things but as we can see, no enough to solve this, i really tried everything, including search for similiar topics here, no sucess :sleepy:

1 Like

Hey Jay, thank you so much, i’ve did :heart_eyes:

If someone is looking for that solution, just do this:

Go to Settings > Admin > Customize > Select active theme > Edit CSS/HTML

In </body> field, put this code :

<script type="text/x-handlebars" data-template-name="components/category-title-link">
{{category-title-before category=category}}
<a class="category-title-link" href={{category.url}}>
    {{#if category.uploaded_logo.url}}
    {{cdn-img
      src=category.uploaded_logo.url
      class="category-logo"
      width=category.uploaded_logo.width
      height=category.uploaded_logo.height}}
  {{/if}}
  <div class="category-text-title">
    {{#if category.read_restricted}}
      {{d-icon 'lock'}}
    {{/if}}

<span class="category-name">{{dir-span category.name}}</span>
  </div>
</a>
</script>

And tada, its done :partying_face::tada::tada:

5 Likes

So you were a developer after all!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.