Category Page Plugin

Category Page Plugin

Change the category page to suit your needs (one option)…

What it does: completely changes the design on this page. (shows the best authors and topics of the week)

https://github.com/Toxuru/discourse-category-home

Languages: English, Russian

Additional fields in category:

• categorimg - the second image used on the category page
  • categordiscr - short description of the category

toxu-cat-2

Customization

desktop category page style - Categories and Latest Topics

This is a rather non-standard plugin that requires some preliminary actions. You must fill in additional fields in the categories that will be used in this layout.

After a while, I will try to simplify the implementation, which can be used without such actions. Perhaps this code will be useful.

Not for the mobile version!

To install Discourse Plugin - Install Plugins in Discourse

21 Likes

Does this really need to be a plugin? Shouldn’t it be a theme component cc @sam @johani?

6 Likes

Smooth and comfortable. Thank you for sharing, it is much appreciated!

1 Like

Most of the changes can be done in a theme component. The biggest blocker is the excerpts. Those still require a plugin.

7 Likes

The plan is to allow you to opt for excerpts somehow as a theme component.

8 Likes

hi, any chance this becomes a theme in near future? i.e. the possible blocks minus the excerpts.

2 Likes

I will try to make this plugin a theme soon.

6 Likes

does this plugin be made into a theme yet?

1 Like

Any progress? Seems to change nothing with latest Discourse :confused:

Unfortunately, I will no longer be able to work on this plugin. This is due to my place of residence, the lack of a development environment, a weak laptop only allows you to deal with css, php scripts.

You can clone the repository, or try to make this solution better, easier. I am sure that this is possible.

4 Likes