Category post_count not incrementing

When pulling the categories.json, I notice that the topic_count value increases as topics are added, but post_count doesn’t seem to increase.
If I pull c/{slug}/{id}.json to list the topics in the category, the posts_count for the individual topics is updating correctly, and the About web page shows the expected number of new daily posts.
It’s just on the categories API that doesn’t seem to be reflecting the correct post count. Is this a known issue? Does the category post count only update periodically with a back end data rollup? Is there somewhere else I should be going to check category post counts?

1 Like

This certainly sounds like a possible edge case in our API. We have many layers of cache and possibly this is one cache that we are not updating right away.

Putting a #pr-welcome on this in case someone from the community would like to try fixing.

1 Like

Hey Sam I am open to tackling this issue and see whats going on!

Sure Parker, happy for you to investigate!

1 Like

Hey Sam! I have been sitting up the environment using the links from the ReadME and the trouble shooting page and have been updating/changing things with brew/node to get past this issue but I keep getting the same error

Consider adding one of the following versions in your config file at
nodejs 16.15.0
nodejs 18.15.0
No version is set for command npm
Consider adding one of the following versions in your config file at
nodejs 16.15.0
nodejs 18.15.0

I am just curious if you have come across this and might know how to help me with it! Thanks so much in advance!